Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Deals: Cakes R' Us from Ensogo

Last February, I bought an Ensogo deal from their merchant, Cakes R' Us. If you've been purchasing deals lately from group buying sites, you'll notice that they have a (not so) new option of choosing your preferred branch to redeem the product or service. And for this deal, I chose SM Sta. Mesa branch, since it was near my soon-to-be work at that time. What attracted me to buy this deal is because of its good discounted price specially that it's a personalized cake and I know that I can use it for an upcoming occasion.

So May came and I'm excited to redeem this cake. I just thought of personally going to SM Sta. Mesa to reserve a few days before my target date of redemption, went around the mall but can't seem to find the store. To my surprise, the guard that I approached told me that they recently pulled out. They're closed. They're gone. BAM!

I was so disappointed. Yes, there were other branches but they were out of way. AND they didn't even thought of informing their customers that this particular branch was closed. To add to my disappointment, the given number on the voucher didn't even bother to give me a response. I even had to research on the internet for other possible numbers to contact and yes, I found another mobile number. I became even more annoyed when I was told that it is required to personally go to the store to reserve since it was a personalized cake. Yes, I get the logic but I think that it was too much hassle because the fact that you've bought a deal online, there is the essence of CON-VE-NIENCE. So that means, they should have provided means to allow their customers to give instructions or to contact their store staff in any way possible other than paying a personal visit. It required their customer too much effort and time. One day for the reservation and another for the pick-up.

Okay, so I had no choice. I wasn't able to bring it for a birthday celebration, but I had to use the voucher so that I wouldn't feel that my money was wasted. I chose the Megamall branch and I went there early this month to reserve. Since the nearest occasion on my chosen pick-up date was Independence Day, this was the theme for my cake. My mom picked up the cake last 13th of June. I indicated the time of pick-up to be between 1 to 2pm. My mom arrived at past 2pm and they said that the cake will arrive around 3pm. BAM! 3pm came and still no cake. My mom told me that the other customers were also waiting and disappointed. The cakes were delivered around 4pm and my mom even told me that they don't even have straws to tie the box. And the cake was a little distorted. Ugh. The cake doesn't really look special. I didn't see the "independence" blue that I was expecting and the taste was ordinary for me, for us.




Okay. So my rating? 1 out 5 stars. Merry not </3

No comments:

Post a Comment